RE:Add to salsa group + sundials update

done
De : Sébastien Villemot [sebastien@debian.org]
Envoyé : samedi 12 octobre 2019 10:41
À : debian-science@lists.debian.org
Objet : Re: Add to salsa group + sundials update

Hi James,

Thanks for working on sundials.

Le vendredi 11 octobre 2019 à 18:17 +1100, James Tocknell a écrit :

> Can someone give me access to the salsa group (my username is
> aragilar-guest, same as it was on alioth)?

Actually you are already a member of the Science Team group on salsa.
However, you have only “Developer” status, which means that you cannot
push to (protected branches of) repositories.

Could some group owner grant James the “Maintainer” level for the
sundials repository?

> I've got an almost working update of sundials (from 3.1.1. to 4.1 -
> see aragilar-guest/sundials, though I need to clean up the commits).
> Lintian is flagging that the fortran wrappers are now not linking to
> libc, however looking at the code they do not seem to require a
> direct link to libc (they only explicitly depend on the equivalent C
> library), would anyone know if that's a bug in lintian or gfortran?

What do you mean by “they only explicitly depend on the equivalent C
library”?

In any case, if you’re sure that your binaries don’t require any symbol
from the libc, it’s ok to override the lintian warnings.

Best,

--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀  Sébastien Villemot
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁  Debian Developer