Re: vtk6 and vtk7

Thanks Ghislain for the info.

Would you be so kind to create the vtk7 repo on alioth so I can proceed with the instructions?

Cheers,
Nico

On Wed, May 17, 2017 at 1:30 PM Ghislain Vaillant <ghisvail@gmail.com> wrote:
On Wed, 2017-05-17 at 11:08 +0000, Nico Schlömer wrote:
> Does this go out to Gert or to me? I'm assuming myself.
>
> > Prior to debianizing, did you manage to build VTK 7.x with the system
> > libraries locally on your machine?
>
> No, I've only ever built it in a clean environment on launchpad. [1]

Ack.

> > Did you check for dfsg-compliance, vendored dependencies and licensing
> > compatibility within the code base?
>
> I've manually compared the source trees of VTK6 and VTK7, looked at the differences and added respective entries to the copyright file.

Good, so once you have the following information recorded in a git
initialised folder:

- Source package name (d/changelog)
- Files-Excluded pattern (d/copyright)
- Remote fetching regexp (d/watch)
- Repository layout (d/gbp.conf)

You can just run `uscan` followed by `gbp import-orig ../$TARBALL` and
your packaging repository is good to go. Beyond this point, all you
have to do is work on the rest of the debianization in the `master`
branch.

You should not have to setup the packaging repository ever again unless
you screwed up the check-list in my earlier reply.