Re: vtk6 and vtk7

> I'm afraid you'll have to start over again ...

I have to admit it is really frustrating to start over so many times. I'm happy to work for free if it's fun or rewarding; this really is neither.

I packaged using this [1] documentation, and the only mention of uscan is with

> Using a debian/watch file (recommended)
> $ gbp import-orig --uscan

Since I didn't use a watch file (but downloaded the sources manually), I didn't use it. If it's so important, I don't understand why `--uscan` isn't the default.

Anyhow.

Gert, please recreate the repo on alioth.

Cheers,
Nico

[1] https://wiki.debian.org/PackagingWithGit

On Wed, May 17, 2017 at 11:41 AM Gert Wollny <gw.fossdev@gmail.com> wrote:
Am Mittwoch, den 17.05.2017, 08:29 +0000 schrieb Nico Schlömer:
> > I would suggest to remove the whole Win32/ subtree from the source
> code via the debian/copyright files-excluded directive.
>
> Weirdly, this is already done.

I guess you didn't use uscan to download the tarball, only then it is
repackaged removing files. But this also might remove some embedded
libraries you re-added (check the d/copyright file for excludes).

I'm afraid you'll have to start over again ...

many thanks,
Gert

PS: This week I'm a bit tied up, next week I'll be able to help you a
bit more.