Re: Autopkgtest and MPI code

On Sat, May 23, 2015 at 7:10 PM, Thibaut Paumard <thibaut@debian.org> wrote:
> What does work on my box is:
> orterun --mca btl_tcp_if_include lo <job>
>
> This never crashes the machine, but it does not work in a chroot (for
> lack of a loopback interface, I guess). I get this error message:

It works for me in pbuilder if I set OMPI_MCA_orte_rsh_agent=/bin/false:

(pbuild22309)root@debian-t420s:/# orterun --mca btl_tcp_if_include lo ls
[debian-t420s:27601] [[INVALID],INVALID] ORTE_ERROR_LOG: Not found in
file ess_hnp_module.c at line 170
It looks like orte_init failed for some reason; your parallel process is
likely to abort.  There are many reasons that a parallel process can
fail during orte_init; some of which are due to configuration or
environment problems.  This failure appears to be an internal failure;
here's some additional information (which may only be relevant to an
Open MPI developer):

  orte_plm_base_select failed
  --> Returned value Not found (-13) instead of ORTE_SUCCESS
[debian-t420s:27601] [[INVALID],INVALID] ORTE_ERROR_LOG: Not found in
file runtime/orte_init.c at line 128
It looks like orte_init failed for some reason; your parallel process is
likely to abort.  There are many reasons that a parallel process can
fail during orte_init; some of which are due to configuration or
environment problems.  This failure appears to be an internal failure;
here's some additional information (which may only be relevant to an
Open MPI developer):

  orte_ess_set_name failed
  --> Returned value Not found (-13) instead of ORTE_SUCCESS
[debian-t420s:27601] [[INVALID],INVALID] ORTE_ERROR_LOG: Not found in
file orterun.c at line 694
(pbuild22309)root@debian-t420s:/# export OMPI_MCA_orte_rsh_agent=/bin/false
(pbuild22309)root@debian-t420s:/# orterun --mca btl_tcp_if_include lo ls
CHROOT    boot  etc   lib    media  opt    root  sbin  sys  usr
bin    dev   home  lib64  mnt      proc    run   srv   tmp  var
(pbuild22309)root@debian-t420s:/#

Johannes