Autopkgtest and MPI code

Hi,

I'm working on autopkgtest support in one of my packages, gyoto.

The upcoming upstream release (preview available on our alioth git repo)
features MPI parallelisation, and I want to test this feature.

In my experience, running MPI code requires network access. Failing
that, openmpi hangs the machine. For instance, when debugging in the
subway, I have to connect to my cell-phone by wifi else the computer
will freeze during the test suite!

I'm wondering whether putting "Restrictions: isolation-container" in the
test stanza is sufficient to ensure openmpi will behave properly?

Also akin, is there a way to test the code during build, since it is
forbidden to access the network at that time?

Kind regards, Thibaut.