Re: Fwd: Sage/SIngular: static vs dynamic

Hi,

Le 18/01/2015 18:49, Tobias Hansen a écrit :
Hi Julien,

this is very exciting! How do you do the build against system libraries?
Are you using Felix' Sagelib with autotools package that he recently
linked from the Wiki page? It would be really nice if we had a git
branch on top of the official Sage repo where building Sage basically
works. Then it would be easy for people to work on different issues
using that.

I tried the Sagelib with autotools package a while ago, but it was hard
to tell how far it was from a successful build. It's also hard to
contribute to something that comes in a tarball instead of a git repo.

I'm using a simplified pruning script. I'm still using the upstream sage build system, but:

1. I trick it into believing it already installed some packages, so it doesn't compile them and relies on the system ones ;

2. I patch the sagelib so it finds system headers and libraries, and compiles against them.

The goal isn't to package sage, but to make sure that when it will be, everything will run smoothly.

Snark on #debian-science