Re: sage again

Hello,

On 18/01/15 18:59, Julien Puydt wrote:

> Le 18/01/2015 18:44, Felix Salfelder a écrit :
>> Hi Julien
>>
>> On Sun, Jan 18, 2015 at 05:33:39PM +0100, Julien Puydt wrote:
>>> I must say I am very eager to see a good gap packaging, as my latest
>>> sage experiments have proven quite interesting : I have been able to
>>> build sage and its documentation with 94 system packages, only
>>> missing libgap, cddlib, singular and jmol (well, and rubiks and
>>> sagetex, but those are low priority).
>>
>> interesting. what is wrong with the gap package?
>
> Sigh... I miswrote : it was about *singular* !

Ah !

The last time I was too optimistic about the packaging of Singular4;
and meanwhile the real world called me back.

I have done some progress but slight ones:
I still have to deal with the user documentation and do some configuration related tweaks.
It also appears that Singular depends on normaliz: I have already contacted the upstream
maintainer in view to make an ITP on it; this is minor, I am agree.
No real issue.

I will do my best to deposit a decent version by the end of the month,
possibly without the user documentation to speed the process.

Cheers,
Jerome