Re: Fwd: Sage/SIngular: static vs dynamic

On Sun, Jan 18, 2015 at 06:49:37PM +0100, Tobias Hansen wrote:
> It would be really nice if we had a git
> branch on top of the official Sage repo where building Sage basically
> works. Then it would be easy for people to work on different issues
> using that.

the autotools branch is available readonly on
git://tool.em.cs.uni-frankfurt.de/git/sage
maybe alioth/d-s is a good place to put it (?). anyway, there's nothing
debian-specific about it.

on testing, sagelib (as of 6.3) extra-depends on (at least) the singular
package from git and the maxima/ecl stuff (which is basically an
extended maxima package, iirc).

sagelib is all about files within /src (which currently/ultimately is
not a submodule in the upstream repo). the commands
$ cd src
$ ./bootstrap
$ mkdir build; cd build
$ ../configure --with-gmp
$ make (-j..)
might compile something. then
$ make py # compiles the python-objects required to run from builddir
$ ./bin/sage
should work. or also
$ make install
$ $prefix/bin/sage
and (if you dare, untested)
$ make check
the tarball i once linked to has been generated by
$ make dist

have fun
felix