Re: sage again

Le 18/01/2015 18:44, Felix Salfelder a écrit :
Hi Julien

On Sun, Jan 18, 2015 at 05:33:39PM +0100, Julien Puydt wrote:
I must say I am very eager to see a good gap packaging, as my latest
sage experiments have proven quite interesting : I have been able to
build sage and its documentation with 94 system packages, only
missing libgap, cddlib, singular and jmol (well, and rubiks and
sagetex, but those are low priority).

interesting. what is wrong with the gap package?

Sigh... I miswrote : it was about *singular* !

Of course, I had to use the unreleased sagenb from debian-science,
do quite dirty tricks with debian's maxima package and patch sage a
little, but still : it builds and the doc builds.

this made me curious... but then, the unreleased sagenb still gives me

File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/sagenb/flask_version/base.py", line 8, in <module>
from flask_oldsessions import OldSecureCookieSessionInterface
exceptions.ImportError: No module named flask_oldsessions

when running "notebook()". (this is sagelib + autotools build system,
which is currently stuck at 6.3.) am I missing something obvious?

Yes, you're missing that I only wrote that sage builds and the doc builds --- I never wrote it was any good : I have the same notebook problem with 6.5.beta5 :-P

Still, sage runs and some things work... I'm still fighting with the ECL+MAXIMA combination (which is a big block on our road).

Snark on #debian-science