Re: documentation package: quid large (if not huge) data examples ?

Hello List,

On 26/10/14 14:01, Tobias Hansen wrote:
> On 10/26/2014 01:52 PM, Jerome BENOIT wrote:
>>
>> On 26/10/14 07:47, Tobias Hansen wrote:
>>> Hi Jerome,
>>>
>>> if you know the license for these files and they're distributable in
>>> Debian,
>>
>> These data files look like common sample used in the computing image
>> communauty or somethin. They are raw data files.
>
> We still need to know the license to distribute them.

I have made some progress here.

>>> BTW how huge are we talking?
>>
>> about 14 MiB uncompressed, about 6 MiB once compressed (xz -9e)
>>

> Ok, I expected bigger. In that case you could even repack the orig
> tarball to include them. 0ad-data for example is 550 MiB and such a size
> was what I thought about when I suggested just giving a pointer to the web.

Quilt 3.0 seems to allow an other possibility [1]: add a second upstream source to the Debian package.
I can create such a second source. But this ad hoc upstream source will still be on my computer.
Is there a Debian place where such upstream source can be put ?
Is putting it in the GIT (with git-import-orig) appropriate ?

Thanks in advance,
Jerome

[1] https://wiki.debian.org/Projects/DebSrc3.0