Re: documentation package: quid large (if not huge) data examples ?

On 29.10.2014 17:24, Jerome BENOIT wrote:

>>> about 14 MiB uncompressed, about 6 MiB once compressed (xz -9e)
>>>

>> Ok, I expected bigger. In that case you could even repack the orig
>> tarball to include them. 0ad-data for example is 550 MiB and such a size
>> was what I thought about when I suggested just giving a pointer to the web.
>
> Quilt 3.0 seems to allow an other possibility [1]: add a second upstream source to the Debian package.
> I can create such a second source. But this ad hoc upstream source will still be on my computer.
> Is there a Debian place where such upstream source can be put ?
> Is putting it in the GIT (with git-import-orig) appropriate ?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Jerome

Yes of course, I forgot about that. When the package is uploaded the
second orig tarball is in Debian and hence preserved. Don't worry about
the exact hash sum of the tar if there is no upstream tarball. Sure, you
can put it into git using pristine-tar. I don't know if git-buildpackage
supports multiple upstream tarballs.

Best,
Tobias