Re: documentation package: quid large (if not huge) data examples ?

Hello Tobias,

thanks for your prompt reply.

On 26/10/14 07:47, Tobias Hansen wrote:
> Hi Jerome,
>
> if you know the license for these files and they're distributable in
> Debian,

These data files look like common sample used in the computing image
communauty or somethin. They are raw data files.

 I think the best way is the following:

> Put them into a second source package and let the doc package recommend
> or depend on the image package. This means that reuploading and
> downloading of the same files and taking up more space on snapshots etc
> only happens when the images change and not for every update of the
> tachyon package.

This sounds as a good approach.

 This is also done for some games, e.g. 0ad.

I have not thought to look in this area.

> BTW how huge are we talking?

about 14 MiB uncompressed, about 6 MiB once compressed (xz -9e)

If they're really huge maybe it's better
> just to say somewhere how to get the files.

The google work was really a work: these files come from the last century,
and they where grabbed from forgotten (and obscure) place of the web.

Best wishes,
Jerome