Packaging parmetis

Hi all,

it seems my last mail to the list has been overlooked. That's why I write this
one again, with more questions which arises recently (and with Sylvestre and
Anton in the reply-to). ;)

I uploaded parmetis into the debian-science git repository
(http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/debian-science/packages/parmetis.git).
Unfortunately no commit message appeared in the mailing list. Probably I
missed something? Can someone please check the configuration of the
repository?

And I have another question:
Until now I only take care of the latest version 4 of parmetis. How should I
handle version 3 of parmetis? Is there a recommended way of maintaining both
versions in git?

How to proceed further? There is still one major lintian warning about about
hardening. In my opinion a false positive. The hardening flags etc. seems to
be there. There are also warnings about missing descriptions for the patches.
Should I do something against that? And there are minor warnings about
spelling errors.

Cheers
Wolfgang

--
Wolfgang Fütterer
Institut für Nichteisen-Metallurgie und Reinststoffe