Re: Packaging parmetis

On 20/08/2014 08:16, Wolfgang Fütterer wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> it seems my last mail to the list has been overlooked. That's why I write this
> one again, with more questions which arises recently (and with Sylvestre and
> Anton in the reply-to). ;)
Busy, sorry :)
> I uploaded parmetis into the debian-science git repository
> (http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/debian-science/packages/parmetis.git).
> Unfortunately no commit message appeared in the mailing list. Probably I
> missed something? Can someone please check the configuration of the
> repository?
Email has to be configured by repository. If you can login on
git.debian.org, you
should be able to set up that.

> And I have another question:
> Until now I only take care of the latest version 4 of parmetis. How should I
> handle version 3 of parmetis? Is there a recommended way of maintaining both
> versions in git?
I think we should have only one version in Debian.
This is not a library used by a lot of packages, we should just upgrade
to version 4.

> How to proceed further? There is still one major lintian warning about about
> hardening. In my opinion a false positive. The hardening flags etc. seems to
> be there. There are also warnings about missing descriptions for the patches.
> Should I do something against that? And there are minor warnings about
> spelling errors.

Don't bother about hardening on such packages. It is a very common warning
(3539 & 3162 packages are affected: https://lintian.debian.org/tags.html )

Cheers,
Sylvestre