Re: RE : RE : RE : RE : RE : cctbx debian package

On Thu, 12. Jul 09:51, Baptiste Carvello wrote:
> I'd rather propose another solution:
>
> step1: build the shared libraries with scons
>
> _either_ step1.5a: build the extensions with a custom setup.py "build"
> command that calls scons under the hood
>
> _or_ step1.5b: build the extensions with scons and copy the results to
> the correct distutils build directory
>
> step2: use dh_python2 with "setup.py install" to install the extensions
> at the right place
>
> Both step1.5a and step1.5b have their problems (1.5a implies digging
> into distutils internals, 1.5b might be a little bit brittle), but I
> think that's the best strategy. If nobody objects, I will experiment
> with this until the begining of next week and report back if it works.
And also have look at this example[1]. We can specify Install targets in Scons
so maybe we wouldn't need a setup.py for the extensions. I Would just leave it for
the modules. The other possibility is to use "package_data" dict in
setuptools[2]

[1] http://www.scons.org/wiki/PythonExtensions
[2] http://packages.python.org/distribute/setuptools.html