Re: BibTeX file from debian/upstream data (Was: New Debian Science metapackages)

Le Mon, May 07, 2012 at 09:15:43AM +0200, Andreas Tille a écrit :
> On Mon, May 07, 2012 at 07:24:12AM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> >
> >   Type: A BibTeX entry type (http://www.bibtex.org/Format/) indicating what is
> >     cited. Typical values are article, book, or inproceedings. [To be discussed].
> >     In case this field is not present, article is assumed.
> >
> >   http://wiki.debian.org/UpstreamMetadata#Fields
>
> Sounds very reasonable.  I'll try to implement the parsing today.  Do we
> have an example upstream file featuring such a type field?  (Would be better
> for checking.
>
> By the way regarding the "Cite-As" like values discussed above:  BibTex throws
> the follwing warnings when processing the debian.bib file (which I announced in
> the other mail):

Hi Andreas,

The BibLaTeX extension provides an 'online' entry type.

  http://win.ua.ac.be/~nschloe/content/bibtex-how-cite-website

I see also that R provides a 'Misc' entry type for its FAQ.  Other sites
recommend 'Misc' as well.

  http://cran.r-project.org/doc/FAQ/R-FAQ.html#Citing-this-document

It is good to follow existing standards, but I would prefer to not end up
cumulating all the limitations of the world in debian/usptream.  Unicode,
URLs,... we are in 2012, so let's use them.

Cheers,

--
Charles Plessy
Debian Med packaging team,