Re: Science linguistics and debian-science SVN repository at alioth

On Tue, 6 May 2008, Sylvestre Ledru wrote:

The only problem with this solution is the name
"pkg-scicomp" (scientific computing) which is too specific.
Many software won't fit into this "title".

Well, I perfectly understand your intend but finally I don't care
about a name but about work getting done.  Naming discussions tend
to show a color-of-the-bikeshed [1] feature.  I admit that proper
names are sometimes really important and I personally are fighting
desperately for finding a proper name for CDD[2] but I would like
to see the current situation between the two SVN repositories that
we have one (non-optimal but non-harmful) historical name for a
repository and the _Title_ and _Abstract_ could be clarified in a
describing text.

Moreover I would regard it as optimal if the location of this SVN
would be linked at the description page of this mailing list to
leave some trace for people like me who did not know about both
(which is my fault for sure because as a subscriber from the beginning
I should have knowed, but I don't read every single mail ...).

As I said - I care more of the structure of the repository which
tends to grow quite flat currently than to what nametag is attached
to it.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_of_the_bikeshed
[2] http://wiki.debian.org/CDDNamingProposals
[3] http://lists.debian.org/debian-science/