Re: [DebianGIS] DebianGis and DebianScience/Geography

On Mon, 8 Dec 2008, Chris Walker wrote:

I think I do not full yunderstand your proposal.  The page

    http://cdd.alioth.debian.org/science/tasks/geography.html

has a pointer to education-geography because of the long description
given in the science-geography task file.

My suggestion is that it should have a pointer to the
science-geography metapackage on packages.debian.org - eg

http://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=science-geography&searchon=names&suite=all&section=all

And likewise for the other metapackages. AFAICT, it doesn't at present.

To reiterate that I really understand your 'it' in "... that it should
have ...": Did I understood you right that every tasks page should
feature a link to its respective metapackage page on packages.debian.org?

I was somehow distracted by the three different geography related
packages of different Blends to get this out of your mails.

Maybe this isn't necessary.

I actually never thought about this because I assumed that people know
how to find packages at packages.debian.org but probably that's narrow
minded and our target visitor of the tasks page just dows not see a
relation.

Please make a suggestion where I should actually place the link and which
text it should feature.  (I'm a little bit unsure how to reasonably do
this because of my narrow mindedness about this.)