Re: [DebianGIS] DebianGis and DebianScience/Geography

Andreas Tille <tillea@rki.de> writes:

> On Mon, 8 Dec 2008, Chris Walker wrote:
>
> > I still can't find a link to:
> >
> > http://cdd.alioth.debian.org/gis/tasks/workstation.html - though there
> > is a link to the
> > http://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=education-geography
> > metapackage [1].
> > [1] Andreas, perhaps you should also add a link to the task pages to
> > point to the corresponding metapackages.
>
> I think I do not full yunderstand your proposal.  The page
>
>     http://cdd.alioth.debian.org/science/tasks/geography.html
>
> has a pointer to education-geography because of the long description
> given in the science-geography task file.

My suggestion is that it should have a pointer to the
science-geography metapackage on packages.debian.org - eg

http://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=science-geography&searchon=names&suite=all&section=all

And likewise for the other metapackages. AFAICT, it doesn't at present.

Maybe this isn't necessary.

Chris