Re: tasks overview wishlist: Canonical citing reference

Le Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 03:17:07PM +0200, Michael Banck a écrit :
> On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 10:40:26AM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> >  - Prepare files named 'reference' of 'citation' in the source package.
>
> Did you mean 'reference' *or* 'citation'?  As I argued elsewhere, I
> think both are quite different, and both files have their merit.

Sorry for the typo. I wanted to write 'or', but I do not mean to be
restrictive. I have nothing against using both. My personnal preference
would be to have only one place that contains parsable references
(probably in BibTeX format), and later to use scripts to generate other
facilities (like the 'citation' file), but my intention is to
brainstorm, not to push for my ideas.

What matters in the end is to make a consensus emerge. Maybe by
experimenting some implementations we will have a better idea of the
shortcommings, work-intensiveness and practicability of our
propositions.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy