Re: tasks overview wishlist: Canonical citing reference

Le Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 09:47:40AM -0400, Adam C Powell IV a écrit :

> why not just adapt the existing doc-base format, adding a new "BibTeX
> files" field?  The description of which citation to use when (canonical
> article(s) for different parts of the package, background theory,
> related stuff) can just go in the doc-base abstract.

Hello Adam,

let me rephrase to see if I understood completely.

Let a package "foo", that contains the program "foo" that was published
by Bar in the Fooomics journal.

The Debian source package would contain a file named
foo-reference.doc-base in its debian directory. foo-reference.doc-base
would contain something like this:

Document: foo-reference
Title: Bibliographic information for foo
Section: Bibliography

Format: BibTeX
 @book{foo-debian,
    title = "Foo for the masses",
    author = "Bar",
    publisher = "Foomics journal",
    year = "2029"
    doi = 3.14159/foo_article
 }

Users would first have to go to /usr/shar/doc-base by themselves, then some
time later we would update doc-base to generate something from the Format:
BibTeX entry, and in a third step we would implement a central bibliography
that can be easily used by reference managers and LaTeX articles.

Does it reflect your proposition ?

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy