Re: A great list of scientific software

Andreas Tille <tillea@rki.de> writes:

> On Tue, 12 Aug 2008, Frederic Lehobey wrote:
>
> >  I plan to add such several lists worth of interest to some wiki
> > page.
> >
> >  By the way, with respect to Ubuntu-based efforts, notice there is
> > also: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuScience
>
> Without having checked this: We might have good chances to list some
> packages of them as inoffical packages in our tasks page.  Anybody
> cares to verify?

The more complete e-mail I was going to send got lost when my
connection dropped. If I find the time, I'll go through again, but
here is the executive summary (as far as plotting tools).

With the following exceptions, all the packages in ubuntu are in
debian (but note the page lists packages not in ubuntu as well).

scigraphica and qgis are not in lenny, but were in previous debian
releases.

There are some packages listed that are not in the corresponding
debian metapackage. Plotting tools are particularly noticable for
being in debian, but not in the viewing package.

Chris