Re: A great list of scientific software

Hi Sylvestre,

Sylvestre Ledru <sylvestre.ledru@inria.fr> (2008-08-12 22:54:16) :

> Guys from Scubuntu (A future non-official-yet scientific version of
> Ubuntu) have compiled a fantastic list of Scientific Software:
> http://scubuntu.meraka.org.za/wiki/Scientific_Software
>
> I am trying to reach them to see if we could work together on this (for
> example if they would be interested in CDD) but I don't have answers
> yet.
>
> Sylvestre
> PS: Yes Frederic, this could be a an example of use of
> http://vcs-pkg.org ;)

  I think such an information is worth to be sent to debian-science
mailing list.

  My rule of thumb: technical (and sometimes boring) messages to
-maintainers, general information : to debian-science (where are
users).

  I plan to add such several lists worth of interest to some wiki
page.

  By the way, with respect to Ubuntu-based efforts, notice there is
also: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuScience

  I think all those guys should work with us. Let's make this
attractive to them by providing a nice and easy shared debian-science
infrastructure.

Best regards,
Frédéric