Re: alternatives to gnuplot ?

On 6 April 2006 at 15:24, picca@synchrotron-soleil.fr wrote:
| What we are missing is a libified gnuplot.

The Gnome guys once had a project call guppy (or something like it ...)  but
it died many years ago. GNU had plotutils, but that's not quite there either.

It has becomes a lot easier to embed R with recent versions (as the API is
now more cleanly defined) so this _may_ be a route for someone with some
spare time -- R has a variety of existing devices (all the usual png, jpeg,
pdf, pdf, ...) as well as everything else R itself has, plus the 600+ add-on
packages at CRAN (http://cran.r-project.org) and its mirrors.

GTk2 is now available from R via the RGtk2 (see http://www.ggobi.org/RGtk2
and my blog for one early .deb; I have a current one and intend to upload it
soon) so there may be synergies.

Dirk

                                                  -- Thomas A. Edison