Re: alternatives to gnuplot ?

Stuart Prescott wrote:

Hi! i read your thread, it is not a good thead and possible was write by
someone who don't have patience to learn something new.

As the OP on that thread, I'll jump to my own defence here... I was more than
[snip]

newer than the one that I tested). Given that, they are probably worth looking at again. (Although now I've settled on PyX, I'm unlikely to change again for a few years... one can't afford the time to learn a new graphing tool every few months; at some stage one actually needs to get some work done rather than adapting to the new graphing package du jour.)
Indeed. For completeness, I'll mention matplotlib, a python system that works both interactively and by script. Someday it will be the standard for use with scipy. (I think you said GPL in your OP, so I didn't speak up initially. matplotlib is BSD or something like it. Still open source.)

I use both PyX and matplotlib, depending on what I'm after. I agree with your PyX comments about learning curve and documentation ... but the results are spectacular. (It reminds me of learning TeX/LaTeX. It took my three weeks to learn how to change the margins. But I can't live without it now.)

best of luck with it!

cheers
Stuart

ditto