Re: alternatives to gnuplot ?

On Thu, 6 Apr 2006, maicon wrote:

Xmgrace is a respectable plot application in scientic comunit and you can do
all that origin makes and even more ! i recommend !!
Labpot is a excelente progam to!
Scigraphica i never use but .....

If I'm not completely wrong the issue was that the programs you mention
are not able to automatically process data without user interaction, but
perhaps I missed something.  I use gnuplot because I can obtain data
from a database, call gnuplot and obtain images without any interaction.
In the long run I will probably switch to R because I reached some
limits of gnuplot (which I like in principle).