Re: alternatives to gnuplot ?

Hi,

On Thu, 2006-04-06 at 00:21, Bill Allombert wrote:
> Dear Debian-Science,
>
> I am looking for a GNU GPL-compatibly licensed alternative to gnuplot,
> preferably packaged in Debian.
>
> Do you have experiences with some of them ?
>
> Cheers,
> --
> Bill. <ballombe@debian.org>
>
> Imagine a large red swirl here.

for some alternatives of gnuplot, that depends what do you want to
replace.

I prefer the separation of data preparation and data visualisation.
As plot backend one can use
   plplot --  a libray, interfaces to several lanuages, 2D and some 3D
   ploticus -- scriptable

As data preparation one can use several tools
	pdl
	perl
	octave
	maxima
	pari

pending on what kind of data you have combined with the focus and
strength of the data cooking tool.

As far as I know, it becomes tricky, if one wants to do 3D plotting with
all the functionality one knows from 2D plotting.

Kind Regards,
Thomas