Re: ROOT as A replacement for gnuplot

Thomas Walter <t.walter@nefkom.net> writes:

> I had a quick look at the sources.  Really large.

Indeed.

> From my point of view, it would profit if the build system will be
> converted to use
>   autoheader, autoconf,automake,configure, libtool

This might happen if someone contributes it, but best check if
upstream is accepting first before doing a lot of work.  I doubt
upstream will do this work themselves since the existing "configure"
script mostly works.

> Do I understand the source correct,
> ROOT comes with a copy of 'cint'.
> Is this necessary or can it use an existing 'cint'?

Yes, it is absolutely (and unfortunately) central.

CINT (C/C++ INTerpreter) provides the interactive shell, scripting
language as well as the means to introduce reflection to C++ (although
this last job will be done by another tool in the near future).

-Brett.