Re: PSIGNIFIT package for fitting psychometric functions

* Andreas Tille <tillea@rki.de> [2005-08-30 15:29]:

> Hmmm, I'm not sure what Rafaels thought, but I understand him that way
> that removing the binary is fine.  At least I would definitely vote for
> using a stripped down tarball and mention the exact reasons in the
> README.Debian.  This will not lead to confusion and does not waste disk
> space with useless stuff.

Agreed.

> I would like to hear what Rafael thinks about the package you provided
> there now.  If he says it is fine he could go for an upload (or just
> ask me to upload if he thinks it is better that I will sponsor this).
> If he thinks that the binaries should be stripped we agree for this
> point.  Raphael, in any case let me here how we want to proceed.

Besides the removal of the bin directory and the explanation added to
README.Debian, I think the package is ready to go.

Michael might also include a script with a regression test in the
package, something like:

#!/bin/sh

prog=/usr/bin/psignifit
exdir=/usr/share/doc/psignifit/examples