Re: PSIGNIFIT package for fitting psychometric functions

On Tue, 30 Aug 2005, Michael Hanke wrote:

As Rafael pointed out, I used the standalone tarball
(psignifit-2-5-6-bin.tar.gz) which included all additional documentation
files.

Please specify the exact URL of this file in the copyright file to avoid
confusion.

To reduce the confusion I followed Rafaels advice and modified the package in
that way, that it now uses the original tarball (without any modification --
even the binary files included)).

Hmmm, I'm not sure what Rafaels thought, but I understand him that way that
removing the binary is fine.  At least I would definitely vote for using a stripped
down tarball and mention the exact reasons in the README.Debian.  This will not
lead to confusion and does not waste disk space with useless stuff.

For the same reasons the permissions of the files in the original tarball are
now (again) as the upstream author (wrongly) set them.

The package is here:
http://apsy.gse.uni-magdeburg.de/~hanke/debian/psignifit/

I would like to hear what Rafael thinks about the package you provided there
now.  If he says it is fine he could go for an upload (or just ask me to upload
if he thinks it is better that I will sponsor this).  If he thinks that the
binaries should be stripped we agree for this point.  Raphael, in any case
let me here how we want to proceed.

Kind regards and thanks for your work