Re: supported Ruby packages

Hi Marc, Praveen,

On Wed, Jul 15, 2020 at 10:38 AM Marc Dequènes (duck) <duck@duckcorp.org> wrote:
> I'm so glad to hear this. I was trying to reach you through your anger
> but felt I just got things worse and it made me feel really bad.

All good now \o/

> Then it's fine and as you said there's nothing to act upon. Since
> security updates are unplanned then you can redirect people to the team
> when you're overloaded.

Yep, thanks!

> Fortunately this can be fixed. I saw Praveen's mail about the transition
> and failing packages so it means he still do care.

Praveen,
We all appreciate the great work that you do. And I am terribly sorry that
you had to drop yourself because of something that wasn't supposed to
happen in the first place.
But what's done is done. I'd love for you to revert 8a818dd3 and add
yourself back :)
(I'd personally love that!)

But again, it's your call in the end. Just know that you don't have to do
anything that you don't want to. We can still maintain Rails the way we've
been doing so far, which would be very nice!

So all I ask you is to re-consider joining back (not that you ever left in the
first place :)).

> My bad then because I missed your calls. Not that this change my own
> availability though :-/.
> The more I'm overloaded the less I'm properly able to follow
> communication channels, I focus on the packages I know and only (barely)
> talk to people I know well.
> I was very happy to be able to join at the Paris meeting so that I could
> be more in touch with you all, but I guess that would need to be
> reproduced.

No worries & thanks for all your work \o/

> As for assumptions I thought about what you said. I agree there's a lot
> of these and that's not necessary good. But the fact is Debian has a lot
> of history and previous people had their own view about how to build
> this project and it's true there's a strong notion of commitment around
> it. NM people also had a bad time at some point because we had people
> coming to get their little toys in and leaving it to rot and others to
> care. All these bad experiences reinforced these expectations. But I
> think it's changing and that's why teams are now commonplace in Debian.
> Several talks (I really love this one:
> https://www.enricozini.org/blog/2017/debian/consensually-doing-things-together/)
> discuss around this topic. Now I think noone but you can know your
> limits and unless you express them people will still hope/expect you're
> going to do the job. So before I understood the situation my point was
> really about clarifying and notifying others, not pushing people to do
> more. Sorry again for missing the call for help.

No worries, it's alright. Sorry from my end for the heated thread, too.

> Btw thanks for your work around ruby-pg. I hit some problem when working
> on redmine and you were faster than me :-).

\o/

> OMG I love hugs :-)
> Many hugs then!

\o/