Re: supported Ruby packages

On 2020, ജൂലൈ 15 10:38:31 AM IST, "Marc Dequènes (duck)" <duck@duckcorp.org> wrote:

>I'm not sure I get what's wrong with my initial mail even if I
>understand that was what triggered this heated discussion. As said above
>Praveen's words led me to badly asses the situation. The fact Beuc
>ended-up here seemed to confirm that. I just searched for a solution,
>not blame, maybe I should have written this more explicitly. Since I
>don't see people fighting here like in the rest of Debian I probably
>assumed it was obvious.
>
>As for assumptions I thought about what you said.

Just clarifying,

Quoting my original mail to Beuc.

"My main motivation for maintaining rails is for gitlab. Since gitlab is not in stable, I don't usually do stable updates of rails (I think Utkarsh does it usually). I provide rails updates via buster-backports or fasttrack.debian.net. I think redmine is also supported via buster-backports only. open-build-system and debci are other rails apps and may be their uploaders are interested in buster updates."

https://lists.debian.org/debian-ruby/2020/07/msg00007.html

It does mention Utkarsh take care of rails stable updates when I said I am not personally interested. The reply you quoted was after Beuc copied this to security team insisting every uploader  needs to care about stable (or that is his perception of stable support), which triggered me to reply the way you quoted.