Re: Meetup proposal during Debian Ruby Sprint in Paris

Hi Julien,

On Mon, Jan 06, 2014 at 11:25:04AM +0100, Julien 'Lta' BALLET wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 2, 2014 at 11:58 PM, Cédric Boutillier <boutil@debian.org> wrote:

> >> No problem for meeting the first day of your stay. If you're willing
> >> to take public transportation to the suburbs i can even invite you for
> >> a french diner at my home, as i love to cook and share a good meal (i
> >> live around 30mn in the south of paris). We'll be able to fine-tune
> >> the details. I would still need we pick a date for the event right now
> >> so i can announce the event and more important find a place :)
> >
> > so let's pick January, 15th, end of afternoon/evening. We will be
> > working at IRILL, near Place d'Italie. I hope we can organize the meetup
> > at some place nearby. Where do you gather usually?

> We usually gather @ Porte d'italie, which is pretty close to Place
> d'Italie as you would expect. When you talk about the 15th, do you
> think about the meetup date or the day we could first meet to prepare
> the event ?

Sorry, I think I was not precise enough when I used we/you in my
answer, that probably lead to some misunderstanding.

Our (at least my) initial idea was that Debian Ruby people prepare
answers to the questions you kindly provided to us (hoping to have at
least time to discuss them during the first day of our meeting), then on
the evening of our first day (15th), meet with paris.rb.

I still think that 15th is the most convenient day, since this leaves us
plenty of time to gather results of the discussion, digest it and
work/plan improvements for Jessie that would be useful for the
community during the rest of our stay in Paris.

I now understand you were considering the dinner as a way to meet with
you personally and help preparing the meeting with the rest of paris.rb.
Since it turns out that we all be in Paris quite early on Jan, 14th, we
would be happy to have dinner at your place on that day. If not, then
we'll come up with something when we meet on Jan, 15th.