Re: Meetup proposal during Debian Ruby Sprint in Paris

On Thu, Jan 2, 2014 at 11:58 PM, Cédric Boutillier <boutil@debian.org> wrote:

>> No problem for meeting the first day of your stay. If you're willing
>> to take public transportation to the suburbs i can even invite you for
>> a french diner at my home, as i love to cook and share a good meal (i
>> live around 30mn in the south of paris). We'll be able to fine-tune
>> the details. I would still need we pick a date for the event right now
>> so i can announce the event and more important find a place :)
>
> so let's pick January, 15th, end of afternoon/evening. We will be
> working at IRILL, near Place d'Italie. I hope we can organize the meetup
> at some place nearby. Where do you gather usually?

We usually gather @ Porte d'italie, which is pretty close to Place
d'Italie as you would expect. When you talk about the 15th, do you
think about the meetup date or the day we could first meet to prepare
the event ?

> For more interactive discussion, you can join our IRC channel on
> #debian-ruby at irc.debian.org.

I'll try to come there tonight, but the timezone difference implies it
might be complicated to reach each other in real time :)

> About the dinner offer, I am sure that the other participants of the
> Debian Ruby meeting will agree with me that it is a wonderful idea, and
> thank you in advance for the invitation.

If we have the meetup the first day of your presence in Paris, the
organisation diner will not be that usefull but this could still be a
very cool way of binding international portions of the ruby community
together :)

Cheers,
Julien.