Re: Regarding gitlab

On Sun, Jan 20, 2013 at 10:59:02PM +0100, Per Andersson wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I would very much like to see gitlab in Debian.
>
> If you need help, sponsorship or want to co-maintain I would be happy to
> help out!

You have all been very supportive, thank you again :)

> You can submit a regular RFS and Cc debian-ruby.

Perfect, thank you.

> As Antonio said, the changes should go upstream.
>
> If they cannot I suggest to patch the already existing Debian package
> (or clean upstream to be packaged) so it supports whatever the fork
> supports (if it is sane).
>
> If things get complicated, discuss here. :-)

Fair enough.

> I checked the Gemfile and made a very naive script to check if the
> required packages are packaged or not.
>
> The quick glance reports about 66 packages, heads up for false positives
> and negatives!
>
> Depending on if the developement group can be ommitted, it is eight
> packages less to package. (The development group is nine packages but
> I suggest sdoc is good to have in order to generate docs.) I am sorry to
> say that I am not too sure about Gemfiles but I suppose that the
> development, test group can be ommitted as well, that is another fifteen
> packages less.
>
> That would total in about 40 primary dependencies not yet packaged.
>
> I have attached the script and it's output. Maybe someone more
> knowledgable in Ruby and Gemfile land can take a peek at it?

Thank you, it seems to run just fine!

I believe we should only avoid :development, since the rest of the
dependency groups will be needed. Hopefully most of these deps will be
useful for other packages in the future.

--
Daniel Martí - mvdan@mvdan.cc - GPG 0x58BF72C3