Re: RFS: ruby-ncursesw 1.3.1-1

Per Andersson escreveu isso aí:
> On Sun, Apr 22, 2012 at 1:39 PM, Per Andersson <avtobiff@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > What about the transition from ruby-ncurses to ruby-ncursesw? Should
> > ruby-ncursesw just provide ruby-ncurses or should there be a also be
> > conflicts in there? From what I can tell ruby-ncursesw should provide
> > ruby-ncurses and conflict ruby-ncurses (if that is at all possible).
>
> As I understood from Policy 7.6.2 ruby-ncursesw should
>
> Provides: ruby-ncurses
> Conflicts: ruby-ncurses
> Replaces: ruby-ncurses
>
> I base this upon the fact that
> a) ruby-ncursesw should replace ruby-ncurses, and,
> b) ruby-ncursesw and ruby-ncurses both install
>    /usr/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby/ncurses.rb.

You also want to move the transitional packages currently contained in
the ruby-ncurses source package to the new ruby-ncursesw source package,
and move the Replaces: and Provides: lines (agains the old lib*ruby*
packages) from ruby-ncurses to ruby-ncursesw.

Actualy, what we could do instead is keep the existing ruby-ncurses
source package, and switch upstream to ncursesw. This way we avoid all
this moving around. That's what other language teams already do, i.e.
their 'ncurses' library is actualy 'ncursesw'.

What do you think?

> When we have reached a decision I can contact the tpp mantainer
> about the transition.

A bug report about the issue with 1.9 would be nice.

--
Antonio Terceiro <terceiro@debian.org>