Re: transition to new policy of other packages / transitional packages

Antonio Terceiro dijo [Sun, Apr 15, 2012 at 07:41:06AM -0300]:
> I think that maybe we should send it to debian-devel-announce, since not
> everyone reads debian-devel.
>
> And we should probably ask the release team what they think before
> reaching to a wider audience. For example, they might suggest ways in
> which we can act in the case the transition is not 100% finished at
> freeze time.

Right. I don't think it's realistic to assume we will reach 100% - But
sending a message as soon as possible to d-d-a explaining why we are
pushing this change will get much better reply than just sitting and
waiting for it, or hunting individual packages to do ourselves.