Re: gem2deb: support for building using setup.rb

On 11/05/11 18:46, Antonio Terceiro wrote:
> Vincent Fourmond escreveu isso aí:
>> On 11/05/11 17:51, Antonio Terceiro wrote:
>>> As Lucas wrote, setup.rb seems to be really deprecated. But if Vincent
>>> is willing to write the code, IMO go ahead and write a proposal so we
>>> can discuss in more concrete terms.
>>
>>   It's in principle ready...
>>
>>> I have only one requirement: instead of modifying the DhRuby class, please
>>> subclass it and override the needed methods (calling super where it
>>> makes sense), and make dh_ruby instantiate this class instead of plain
>>> DhRuby in the case --setup-rb is passed in ARGV.
>>
>>   ... excepted for that.
>>
>>   I'll first push the changes "as is" and I'll implement the subclassing
>> just afterwards. It is quite trivial.
>
> Sorry, but I forgot to push some commits from my gem2deb 0.2.3 upload
> yesterday, would you mind moving your code into a separate branch so
> that I can force-push my master branch?
>
> In general, it would be nice to work on separate branches for ideas we
> want to try, and leave master always in a releasable state.

  OK. I've reverted the commits I had pushed to master, and stored them
on the setup-rb branch. I'll merge any change necessary from your commits.

  I have double-checked that the modifications don't induce any side
effet to the usual build system.

  Just tell me when you think the branch could be merged to master.

  Cheers,

	Vincent

--
Vincent Fourmond, Debian Developer
http://vince-debian.blogspot.com/

find(1):
 A `%' at the end of the format argument causes undefined behaviour
 since there is no following character. In some locales, it may
 hide your door keys, while in others it may remove the final page
 from the novel you are reading.

Vincent, not listening to anything for now