Re: Debconf18? BoF?

Hi,

> I think FOSDEM (https://www.fosdem.org) might be an appropriate
> setting for a more software-oriented meeting than the RISC-V
> foundation workshops.  During the informal RISC-V meeting at last
> FOSDEM the participants had already been musing about applying for a
> RISC-V devroom next year.

I am not sure if it was during the BoF at FOSDEM this year, or in the
workshop more recently, that SiFive people showed interest in
attending FOSDEM in the future.

There have been interesting talks about RISC-V in the last editions of
FOSDEM, and one of them the announcement of the Unix-class capable
board, HiFive Unleashed.

So sure, having presence in the next editions would be nice.  Not sure
if big enough to have a full schedule to grant a devroom, I suppose
that it greatly depends on how the hardware rolls out, how many people
can get hold of it, etc.

But since many people attend FOSDEM for one reason or another, it's
easy to get enough people at least for BoFs, like this year.

Cheers.
--
Manuel A. Fernandez Montecelo <manuel.montezelo@gmail.com>