Re: Debconf18? BoF?

There is definitely a distinct shortage of RISC-V software related conferences. There are plenty of hardware meetings, since the RV Foundation supports those. There are some interesting new directions we could go, particularly in the Debian community. We've tried to insert RV BoFs into various IEEE meetings in the states but at least so far there is understandably very little interest in RV at technical conferences. With RV, a unified software community request could result in a new hardware design, something which was not possible before (unless you count GPGPUs, which was a response to the SC community's need for embarrassingly parallel HPC operations).

On Mon, Jun 11, 2018 at 4:00 AM, Manuel A. Fernandez Montecelo <manuel.montezelo@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

> Anyone of the folks interested in risc-v going to be at Debconf18 in
> Taiwan? I'm hoping to go, but am not 100% sure at this point.
>
> Has anyone proposed a RISC-V BoF? Should there be one? Happy to add one,
> though I don't have a deep background with the RISC-V port in Debian,
> just some enthusiasm and general interest. :)

Most probably I will not attend Debconf.  But it would be great to
have a BoF if there's enough people interested and wanting to
contribute.

Cheers.
--
Manuel A. Fernandez Montecelo <manuel.montezelo@gmail.com>