Re: Debconf18? BoF?

On Mon, Jun 11, 2018 at 1:19 PM, Kurt Keville <klk@mit.edu> wrote:

> There is definitely a distinct shortage of RISC-V software related
> conferences. There are plenty of hardware meetings, since the RV Foundation
> supports those. There are some interesting new directions we could go,
> particularly in the Debian community.

 i think the speed at which karsten, mafm and everyone's work on
debian-riscv suddenly took off like a rocket and resulted in 80%
package coverage in something like 3-4 weeks flat kinda took everyone
by surprise: previously there was mumble mumble no packages, no
hardware, compilation on qemu, next month blam it's a serious
contender that's actually off the bottom rung in numbers of debian
packages compiled and uploaded.

 so i think, now, the response will be a lot better.

 once an actual commodity-grade devkit is out there that doesn't cost
USD $1000 (and can run debian-riscv), RV will take off like a rocket.

l.