Re: no networking in riscv-qemu... use pppd?

> On 19 Apr 2017, at 4:34 PM, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl@lkcl.net>
> wrote:
>
> On Wed, Apr 19, 2017 at 3:27 AM, Michael Clark <michaeljclark@mac.com>
> wrote:
>
>>> The user-mode ABI is pretty much frozen so any user space packages built for
>>> RV32IMAFDC or RV64IMAFDC should be to a stable ABI.
>
>> ah good, so a debian port can proceed (and be published) without
>> having to be completely redone?
>
> I believe so. The base ISA is frozen. RV32IMAFDC and RV64IMAFDC have not
> changed in the last year. The userspace ABI is stable.

The userspace ABI is stable, but the toolchain is in flux, for example
the recent changes in floating point size will probably cause some
problems, and I see inconsistencies between gcc and binutils every
time that I attempt new versions.

I think that I should publish my work so far, maybe it's useful to
you.  I meant to be do it months ago, but $REAL_LIFE happened in
betweeen... :)

> Note the ISA strings are passed lowercase to the toolchain and ABI defaults
> to hard float e.g.
>
> This is 64-bit hard float ABI with compression (-mabi flag here is the
> default):
>
> -march=rv64gc -mabi=lp64d

I think that this should be the default target (unless we want have
several ABIs), minus the C extension.

> This is 32-bit soft float ABI with compression:
>
> -march=rv3imac -mabi=ilp32

If there's some Linux-capable hardware released with 32 bits we might
attempt that, but haven't heard any news so far.

Cheers.
--
Manuel A. Fernandez Montecelo <manuel.montezelo@gmail.com>