Re: MariaDB 10.3 in Buster (Re: Request for advice on mariadb-10.5 migration schedule)

> Well, my point was more that we already have buster > unstable, and
> that I was assuming you'd fix that by uploading a package to unstable,
> rather than an even newer package to buster. :-)

As MariaDB 10.5 is already in unstable, it is in practice impossible
to do any 10.3 uploads to unstable anymore. Once the 10.5->10.3 is
safely over, 10.3 will be completely removed from unstable/testing,
but not yet.

> If there isn't an upload to unstable before the point release, is
> pushing the package from p-u to unstable and testing likely to cause
> any issues? We can't have the result of the point release be that
> stable has a newer version of the package than unstable.

We already have 10.3.25 in Buster (via security update) and 10.3.24 in
testing/unstable. It will not be any worse by increasing the "gap" to
10.3.27 vs 10.3.24.

> (Also note that while the point release is in just under two weeks
> time, that means that uploads will be frozen this coming weekend.)

Ack.