MariaDB 10.3 in Buster (Re: Request for advice on mariadb-10.5 migration schedule)

Hello!

On Tue, 24 Nov 2020 at 21:08, Adam D. Barratt <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk> wrote:
..
> I see there's a mariadb-10.3 update in experimental (for 10.3.27).
> Based on the above, I assume that an upload to unstable is also
> planned?

No, that was an experiment which turned out to be a very stupid one
and I will no pursue that path anymore. Instead I've uploaded a new
mariadb-10.5 to fix the problem that the 10.3 was prepared to fix. Or
at least I think so, but I will need to wait another 5 days before I
can see the potential error message / result at
https://release.debian.org/britney/update_output.txt.

> mariadb-10.3 is one of the packages that I was looking at in relation
> to the upcoming stable point release (in a week and a bit's time),
> because the versions currently look like:

Thanks for notifying me. Indeed you have announced 10.7 for release in
2 weeks but I missed the message
https://lists.debian.org/debian-live/2020/11/msg00000.html

I will update the Buster branch at
https://salsa.debian.org/mariadb-team/mariadb-10.3 and prepare a
stable update of 10.3.27 for you in the coming days. I take this
message as a permission to have 10.3.27 included in the 10.7 stable
update.

--
- Otto