Re: Request for advice on mariadb-10.5 migration schedule

Hello!

> To start with item 2:
>
> > 2) autopkgtest for mariadb-10.3/1:10.3.24-2 fail on i386 (and armhf
> > when it build earlier this month). The test is installing
> > "mariadb-server" which in unstable pulls in mariadb-10.5. I silenced
> > this false positive (or indifferent failure of access denied vs
> > password invalid) for mariadb-10.5 but I cannot upload a new
> > mariadb-10.3 with autopkgtest fixes anymore.
>
> As it's the intention to not have mariadb-10.3 in bullseye, this to me
> doesn't really seems concerning. I don't get why you wouldn't be able to
> upload a new version of mariadb-10.3 with a fix, I guess you mean "can't
> do it without major changes to the packaging as most binary packages
> were taken over by mariadb-10.5".

Yes indeed.

Could you please add some whitelist/override for debci so that at
least the issue of "autopkgtest for mariadb-10.3/1:10.3.24-2" failing
would go away and then we would only be waiting for cmake/gcc to fix
the regression in armhf compilation?

https://qa.debian.org/excuses.php?package=mariadb-10.5

Thanks!