Re: Request for advice on mariadb-10.5 migration schedule

> If you want to keep src:mariadb-10.3 around, one or the other. Or you
> could upload a new version of mariadb-10.3 which drops the package.

Ok, I will upload a new 10.3. I want it to stay around for a bit more
until the transition of 10.5 is fully completed and verified to
replace 10.3 in full. Testing in unstable alone has not given 10.5
enough exposure yet, as there have been very few bug reports.

> By the way, with several binaries from the old version taken over by the
> new version: why do you have versioned source packages? It seems that
> once you upload a new versioned source package, the old one isn't very
> useful as a source package, so why not have the new one replace the old
> one by creating one unversioned source package?

This is how mysql-x.x packaging has been for ages. Indeed, I could
consider using just one repository in the future for all MariaDB
packages and releases. Maybe I could even just start using the
upstream repository and then configure gbp to have the Debian branches
as 10.5-debian-sid, 10.3-ubuntu-focal etc.