Re: Release goal proposal: remove yada

severity 334164 serious
thanks

On 4 August 2011 13:14, Adam D. Barratt <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk> wrote:
> To get a fuller picture, what are the changes being made to each of the
> files in question and when/where are they being made?  You mentioned earlier
> that cleaning the package would lead to changes being made - it sounds like
> the above build may well fail part of the "autobuilding" section of the RC
> policy; specifically:
>
>        debian/rules must include the targets: clean, binary, binary-arch,
>        binary-indep and build; and these targets cannot require any
>        interaction with the user. The build target must not do anything that
>        requires root privileges. These targets must not change the package's
>        build-dependencies or the changelog.

Thanks for pointing this out.  Indeed, the build-dependencies are
potentially modified in all of those targets (including just "clean"),
and this has been against the RC policy since etch (most likely
introduced at a later time than the previous discussion on this bug).

So I'm upgrading the severity to serious on those grounds, if there
are no objections.

--
Tim Retout <diocles@debian.org>