[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Re: Advance freeze exception request for libcgi-application-extra-plugin-bundle-perl

All different packages of course.

Nicholas Bamber wrote:
Please could we have some progress on this. Sadly I am aware of another copyright issue (and probably another if I dared looking) but I will only handle one at a time.


Nicholas Bamber wrote:
We now have a 0.1+nmu1 . Please could this now be granted an exception to go into testing after the appropriate period of delay. Thanks.


Nicholas Bamber wrote:
Okay I will produce a 0.1-1. I just realized that I had no involvement in 0.1 and so I could not make it a 0.1.1. Of course Jaldhar will still have his say but I cannot see why he should object.

Mehdi Dogguy wrote:
On 10/13/2010 11:41 AM, Nicholas Bamber wrote:
Mehdi, When 0.2 was built there was a hope of getting it into squeeze. I can understand if the boat was missed on that a long time

The issue with #593102 is that the usptream component has an odd layout and so needed to be repacked to build correctly.

Yeah. I do know that (I checked before answering). It will be the first
time Debian will release with l-a-e-p-b-perl. So, missing a module in
the first release can't considered a regression. That's why, *I* don't
consider it as RC. Other people might have a different opinion though.

If we produce a 0.1.1 that ONLY updates  the copyright for the icons
 and does the repacking for ProtectCSF could we get that into
squeeze? Of course such a 0.1.1 would not have updated standards
versions or updated copyright format etc.


As such simply downgrading #599794 to something less serious and waiting for the freeze to lift is attractive if that is an option.

No, that's still not an option. We could tag it squeeze-ignore if we
don't grant a freeze-exception for it, but the issue remains serious.


Reply to: