Re: quantlib 0.9.9 is nine days old but has not been built on any arch

Adam,

Thanks for the update!

On 15 December 2009 at 19:40, Adam D. Barratt wrote:
| [CCs to ftp-master and Torsten dropped as this has become a -release
| issue again]
|
| On Mon, 2009-12-14 at 12:51 -0600, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:
| > |
| > | r-cran-rquantlib still depends on QL 0.9.7.
| >
| > How is it looking now?  Will we have to wait until quantlib, quantlib-swig
| > and r-cran-rquantlib can go in jointly or would we be ready for quantlib in
| > testing?
|
| libquantlib-0.9.7 has been removed from unstable.  However,rquantlib is
| still not built on several architectures (it's waiting for r-base, which
| is waiting for fontconfig to be built / uploaded everywhere) and
| quantlib-swig again FTBFS with a compiler error when it was retried on
| amd64.

For different packages, and on several occassions, I have had to resort to
removing -O2 / -O3 for certain arch/compiler combinations.  Do you recommend
a new upload of quantlib-swig with special treatment for amd64 ?

| > Also, could you have look at protobuf (22 days old) and in particular
| > libprotobuf5 and mumble?   I did have an error in my first NMU when this
| > became libprotobuf4 by (upstream as well as my Debian mistake) but all should
| > be good with libprotobuf5 --- but the depends looks circular as per
| >
| >   http://release.debian.org/migration/testing.pl?package=mumble
| >
| > Could that be pushed through?
|
| libprotobuf4 has already been removed from unstable and I have an active
| hint for protobuf and mumble.  However, mumble currently FTBFS on
| mipsel; if I'm reading the build log correctly this should be solvable
| once the latest version of fontconfig is available on mipsel (see the
| changelogs of the last two fontconfig uploads for further details).

Thanks for that update too!

Dirk