Re: Uploading GNOME 2.24 to sid

I've forwarded lunar's message to the directfb ML (directfb-dev@directfb.org)
and got the following reply:

-----

From: Niels Roest <nproest@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 16:47:00 +0100
To: Davide Viti <zinosat@tiscali.it>
Subject: Re: [directfb-dev] [lunar@debian.org: Re: Uploading GNOME 2.24 to
        sid]

Hi Davide,
this is a bit silly but I have mail problems.
I can not post to debian.org and our system admin is not around.
So this is my second account.
Please use niels@directfb.org as 'official'.

So I see the issue, I also see patches floating around (such as
mentioned by Colin Watson e.g.) and I'm also willing to but effort in
this to get it working again.

Thing is, with the submitted patch, I do not see someone at GTK
picking things up here.                                                                                     So to ask a dumb question: how to proceed on this? Who to bug?
Or can I get/SVN/do things myself in the GTK repository?

Maybe you can post this in debian.org.

Greets
Niels

-----

I think I remember Denis (firectfb maintainer) saying he was taking over the
mainteinance of the GTK port (hope I'm right);
I'm sure Attilio got the rights to commit changes to the GTK repository;
will try to ping him but IMO it would be useful having also someone else
(actively working on this) to rely on.

regards,
Davide

PS: feel free to stop this massive cross-posting if needed...